Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fruits of labor I- ceramic tiles

When I signed myself up for a ceramics class at the California College of the Arts I was thrilled I was going to have fresh new content for my blog. I would finally have an opportunity to create and the space to curate my inspiration and process. The only problem, I discovered, is time: there is a reason artists are not curators. As a result, you are going to see my inspiration posthumously. Each installation, or series or pieces will be shared in a different blog post.

Blog I - ceramic tiles.

These pieces, 9 in total, are inspired by the color blocking technique utilized by the American painter, Mark Rothko . Our mediums and scale may have been different, but the color blocking technique is universal.





Painting by Rothko

Painting by Rothko

Painting by Rothko









No comments:

Post a Comment